Jon just wants to build better buildings for NZ. He’s acutely aware of the struggles the country is facing at finding affordable, warm, dry housing and has seen the impacts on the health of NZ. Jon is the head of research and development at Oculus coordinating guidance documents, studies, tests and occasionally burning something or blowing it up.
For the past 10 years Jon has been working in a business development/ sales/ education role across the construction industry in New Zealand. This has seen him work with builders on site to accurately install products, to presenting at conferences to the Building Officials Institute of New Zealand and the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors. Working with the future of the industry has been a highlight – guest lecturing and working with students at all of the major educational institutions in Auckland over this time period.
His involvement within the business development, technical support and sales has seen several new products brought to market in support of companies like Altus with their Smartfit window, Winstone Wallboards with their Weatherline WRB, and pro clima’s own peel and stick membrane ‘ADHERO’.
– Auckland College of Education Diploma Teaching 1998
– University of Auckland Bachelor of Education 1998
– Teaching UK Lomond School
– Teaching NZ Gulf Harbour School
– Building NZ Bycroft Building Ltd, JDK Construction Ltd
– Procurement NZ, Mitre 10 NZ Ltd
– BDM, Education, NZ, pro clima NZ Ltd
– R&D Manager, Oculus Architectural Engineering